- Arts University Bournemouth (keynote/workshop – teaching excellence event)
- Association of Business Schools (keynote speaker at annual conference)
- Buckinghamshire County Council (SEND consultancy)
- Coventry University (consultancy on future HE arts strategy)
- Goldsmiths University of London (consultancy/review of learning services)
- GuildHE (major report on the work of GuildHE institutions)
- Higher Education Academy (report on work of Cathedrals Group)
- Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts (leading staff development week & curriculum review consultancy)
- Hong Kong University (PhD External Examiner)
- Institute for Contemporary Music Performance, London (future L&T strategy)
- JLGB, UK (workshop on inclusion)
- The Judith Trust, UK (consultancy on Strategic Inclusion Project)
- JSENSE, Manchester (SEND consultancies & training in faith schools)
- Lancaster University (Post-grads employability seminar)
- Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore (keynote and seminar on assessing creative practices)
- Leeds Arts University (new strategy for assessing creative practices)
- Midland HE Culture Forum (panel chair)
- MusiQue, Brussels (benchmarking and review of four European HE arts institutions)
- Newcastle University Business School (keynote speaker)
- Outreach, Manchester (change management consultancy & equality & SEND training)
- RNCM, Manchester (panel member for HEA Professional Recognition; Assessment workshop)
- Royal Academy of Dance (MA seminar on assessment)
- Rose Bruford College, Kent (workshops/seminars on assessing creative practices)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (‘Critical Friend’ for Annual Dialogue & External Examiner)
- Society of Teachers of Alexander Technique (Review and redesign of assessment process)
- Southern Cross University, Australia (PhD Examiner)
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Drama, London (15-month consultancy enhancing the student experience)
- University of Bedfordshire (keynote address on Action Learning)
- University of Northampton (consultancy and review of staff roles)
- University of Staffordshire (consultancy on new performing arts assessment strategy)
The approach of Ciel Associates has been very much to understand the institution, work with us and to facilitate progress in a number of areas. They pose questions of the organisation to answer, in the context of the intuition’s own circumstances, rather than presenting a list of ‘one size fits all’ answers. We therefore found their input to be helpful and valuable and this has facilitated change in a number of areas.
Registrar, Trinity Laban
I would like to thank you for all your work, meeting staff, developing the survey and reporting the results. It has moved us forwards a lot and I hope we will see immediate benefits to the staff involved, as well as hopefully longer term whole university benefits.
Deputy Vice Chancellor
Thank you for a wonderful session, you left us all inspired in spite of the difficulties that staff are facing at the moment.
Thank you for leading the workshops on our development day. I have received excellent feedback from members of staff and I think you have created some genuine discussion points for the teams.
On behalf of the community, thank you for your generous advice, careful guidance and wisdom. Examples of developmental projects and agile thinking are too many to mention, you can be sure that your work has made a significant positive difference to many individual careers and to the experiences of students in studios, seminar rooms and beyond.
Chair of DanceHE
These have been intense months, with questions, conversations by Skype, intense site visits to investigate the situation in each institution, hours spent on reading and analysing material, and on writing the report and finally the preparation and moderation of the seminar earlier this week. I would like to thank each of you for your commitment for this project and for all the energy and time you spent on it. The report has been found very helpful and will be used in the work on strategy in the coming months.
Jo has been an immense support to myself and the school, always available to help and guide. Her positivity, passion and belief in my ability has given me the confidence and strength to do my job. Her ability to adapt to our schools strengths, ethos & resources has enabled us to make practical changes and move forward. She has been key to building up our SEND Department and to the success of our Ofsted Inspection ensuring all the correct paperwork was in place.
Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator
Probably the most beneficial training session I have been to for a long while, possibly ever.
Change Workshop participant
I have already started thinking about ways of implementing some of the ideas from the workshop.
It was really great to have someone from outside the Academy conduct the workshop, and lead it with such confidence and experience.
Head of Department, HKAPA, China
Many thanks for such an engaging workshop this afternoon. I certainly took away a lot of useful things to think about for the School.
Head of School of Art and Design
Your valuable and well-received input led to intensive staff development across the organisation.
Head of Research, RCS, Scotland
Very, very engaging. Was catered to all listeners and I believe everyone would be able to relate/empathise with the training.
Inclusion Workshop participant